Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Manicure Monday: KISS Gel Fantasy

Last year I experimented with a press-on nail and I loved them, so when I saw KISS come out with press on GEL nails, I knew I had to try them.

One of my favorite vloggers, Toni Sevdalis, said she loved this brand of nails so when I saw them in Target a few weeks ago I jumped at them. After being a little tired of my nails last week, I decided to try my hand (pun intended) of putting on these fake gel nails. I wanted to go full force though... instead of using the press on stickers, I opted to use the nail glue.



Applying the nails took me about 20 minutes... it probably could've taken me half the time but I was watching TV and taking my time. The nail glue that comes with the nails is pretty strong, almost a similar consistency to Krazy Glue and maybe a little bit of a similar hold. All I did was follow the directions that came with the kit, apply the nail glue on the back of the nail and on your cuticle, press and hold.

I made a few mistakes along the way and applied the wrong size nail to the wrong finger but with some nail polish remover, I was able to fix it.

At the end of the ordeal, I had a set of beautiful, fake nails. My mom and sister were stunned -- they didn't think they looked fake and thought I did a pretty good job.




I LOVE having fake nails, especially long nails like these. I felt like Khloe Kardashian in the best way possible. Having long nails makes me feel fancy, chic and like a badass bitch. I loved holding my phone, typing, putting on makeup... it just completely changes you as a person. (LOL, dramatic much?)

I didn't feel like they prohibited me from doing anything so they weren't annoying in that aspect... however, the nails did pop off at random times and for the few days I had them on, I carried nail glue around with me to be able to put them back on easily. I applied glue to the same few nails a few times and it didn't change the nail or make them weaker. It was fine to just reapply instead of wasting another nail.

I had the nails on for four days but after that, I was over them. I'm just the type of person who removes nail polish after a few days, I get bored easily so on Monday last week I removed the nails with nail polish remover.

They popped off pretty easily but I did have to soak them for a bit. My real nails weren't super messed up, I just used some of my Formula X Cleanse XCEL (a nail cleanser) to remove the gook and let my nails breathe for a day.

I will definitely be using these Gel Fantasy nails again and I can't wait to buy more colors!

Have you ever tried these fake gel polish nails?

xoxo
B