Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Manicure Monday: Essie "No Reservations"

*Programming note: I'm dealing with some personal stuff so I might not be on the blog too much this week


Before my low-buy, I saw that Essie released a new nail polish collection called "Flying Solo" which is inspired by airplanes, travel, and flying. The colors in the collection are all very beautiful but I was drawn to 'No Reservations', a mid-tone plum with a refined shimmering pearl reflect.

I waited until after New Years to use the color and had it on my nails last week. Well, this is a color that was most definitely missing from my collection. I don't have a ton of purple or plums right now and this is the perfect addition to my collection.

essie-no reservations-manicure monday


When I applied the first coat, I was stunned. It went on really easily and didn't bleed onto my cuticles. I applied two coats to make it really opaque and was shocked at how truly beautiful the color was.

The purple is a true purple but the added shimmering pearl makes it so much more wearable and not as harsh. I loved the way the light caught the pearl and gave an awesome reflection. It sparkled without being sparkly which is such a nice little change.

I wore this polish for about a week and had very minimal chipping. It was around day 4 that I noticed a few chips on the tips of my nails and then I just started picking it off myself but wow, this was a long-lasting polish.

For reference, I use this base coat, this topcoat, and these quick-drying drops

I don't know if I will buy another polish from this line as the colors aren't really speaking to me but I will continue to rock 'No Reservations' because it is just so beautiful!

What's on your nails this Monday?
xoxo
B