Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Battle of the BB Creams

It's officially summer and the heat has turned all the way up. When it's scorching outside, the last thing I want to do is cake heavy makeup onto my face. I hardly wear foundation but even putting liquid or powder bronzer feels like a lot.

That's why the invention of BB Creams is so wonderful! One package and it gives you everything you could want in makeup. Foundation, bronzer, concealer, SPF, and more! I have developed a little obsession and have been experimenting with different brands.

I've talked before about the Urban Decay Naked Skin BB Cream and my tube is almost used up, therefore, I did some research and went to the drug store to buy a cheaper BB cream. At $34 a tube, Urban Decay can be classified as a luxury and I needed something that wouldn't put a dent in my wallet.

After reading a good amount of reviews, I decided to buy the Garnier BB Cream; it's a pretty decent sized bottle for around $13. I thought I could deal with it.



I tried it out immediately and was slightly confused. Garnier's BB cream is very watery, definitely more liquid than the Urban Decay. Urban Decay has a more moisturizing feel while Garnier felt like I was applying foundation.

Garnier's BB Cream was semi heavy and didn't give me as much of a bronzed look. The coverage on the Garnier BB Cream was actually pretty great, a little better than Urban Decay but the too liquidly formula was too much of a deal breaker for me; every time I touched my face, the BB Cream came off.

I couldn't deal with that.

I tried to use it a few more times but I just wasn't feeling it. I still had to use a powder bronzer with Garnier and I didn't like the extra layer, especially in the hot weather. Maybe I'll like it better in the winter but for now, I'm sticking with Urban Decay.

I went back to the drugstore last week and thought about buying another BB Cream, whether it was Maybelline or the new Olay BB Cream but then I decided, I never splurge on makeup. I always buy drugstore brands.

I always see people posting their favorite luxury make up products and I realized I don't have one. I then decided to not try another cheaper BB Cream; I found one I liked and I'm going to stick with it. 



I've had the Urban Decay Naked Skin for over three months and there's still a good amount left in it. I could definitely afford the $34 every few months or so.

My mom told me that I shouldn't fix something if it's not broken so I will be sticking with Urban Decay as my choice BB Cream for now.

What's your favorite BB Cream?