Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

September 2015 Birchbox Review

I've been thinking a lot about Birchbox and maybe I don't need these monthly boxes filled with beauty products. I have enough products to last 3 lifetimes. It's beginning to get a tad bit overwhelming and I think about canceling my subscription more than once a month.

But then, I watch the Sample Choice videos, see the previews, the pretty box, and I'm so happy to spend my $10 a month on this baby. It doesn't get much better than Birchbox -- the points system is treating me pretty well these days, and the Customer Appreciation Day was such a deal breaker -- in a good way.

Every time I get my box, the overwhelming feeling gets wiped away. It's just too perfect!

(Side note: maybe I'll do a make-up declutter before the holidays and see what I have/use/don't use -- that's a good idea for the soul and for a good blog post)

Well, the September box was a special one because it was their 5 year anniversary box, meaning it was filled with some extra special goodies. I think this is the most samples I've ever received in a box and I was really happy with all of them.

All Birchbox subscribers also got 20% off to the Birchbox Shop included in their subscriptions so that is a nice little bonus. 20% off does a girl good in the shop.

Also -- Birchbox is doing a great deal this month! If you sign up for your first subscription, you get it for $5! That's 50% off a regular monthly subscription. Get a nice little box of samples for $5? That sounds perfect! Sign up here!





I haven't used any of the products that I received yet, but I am impressed with the quality of them all. I think I was a little scared of the eyeshadow palette thinking it would be cheap, but I should've known -- Birchbox never steers me wrong!

//Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser: I've heard a lot of thing about Malin + Goetz in subscription services but have never tried anything from them. Well, that's still true because I haven't tried this yet :( It says that it clears breakouts & balances out your skin's pH so it should be good! I love getting cleansers in subscription boxes because they're great to travel with but I also really like trying new ones out! As a bonus item, I got the Malin + Goetz vitamin e moisturizer (which I also haven't tried yet)

Sample size: 3/5
Full size: $26

//Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo: I haven't tried this either (like I said, I haven't tried anything) but this I especially haven't tried this because I still have a bit of keratin treatment in my hair so I didn't want to use any shampoos that aren't sulfate free. This is an amazing sample size and I am excited to try it out, since it says it smoothes out frizz & tangle proned hair. I also got a bonus with this, the Davines LOVE conditioner!

Sample size: 5/5
Full size: $35

//NERD Skincare Super Hydrating Mask: I always appreciate a good sheet mask to add to my ever growing collection. This isn't so different. I've never heard of NERD Skincare but it seems fancy since a set of 3 masks are $27!! This mask is supposed to give you a more youthful, smoother complexion so I may save this for a really tired skin day.

Sample size: 5/5
Full size: 3 for $27

//Pop Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow in Sugar Plum: I never received a POP Eyeshadow and I think I was always very scared that I would get one. I thought the packaging looked cheap and that the product would be no different. Well, I was terribly wrong. The packaging may look a little cheap but it doesn't feel it-- and the eyeshadows are pigmented, smooth, and rather large. I'm really happy I got this little trio and I hope I get more!

Sample size: 4/5
Full size: $24

//Rituals Happy Buddha Foaming Shower Gel: A foaming shower gel? That sounded interesting to me yet I haven't tried it out yet! It's supposed to be very moisturizing and soothing which I hope is true because my skin is already getting dry.

Sample size: 4/5
Full size: $25

I am definitely a little late in posting this (I think I got my Birchbox a little late) and in actually reviewing the products but life has just been getting the best of me lately! #sobusy

All in all, I was relatively happy with this Birchbox and I can't wait to see what October (OMG) has in store :)

What did everyone else get in their Birchbox this month?