Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Tuesday Inspiration: Doing What I Want

This is a different kind of Tuesday Inspiration. I've been thinking a lot about how people live their lives, how I live my life.

I'm a simple girl who loves to shop, drink Champagne, hang out with friends, and stay home to be on the Internet or watch trashy reality tv marathons.

In college I was that girl, but in a different way. I still loved to relax and get my sleep but I could stay out till 3 AM, drink two bottles of wine at a mixer, and still make it to my sorority even the next day. I was a planner, I loved to have my toes in everything, and I loved to party. I never missed a beat while I was in school... but that was two years ago.

In the same breath, I didn't party like other people. I didn't go home with different guys every night, I didn't get blackout drunk every weekend, and I liked to stay local in my college town.

I never liked the same things everyone else did, ever since I was little. I loved to read, I loved staying home and watching tv, I didn't like going out too much. It's just who I am.

Now that I'm 23 years old, I feel more pressure to act a certain way. I feel like I should want to go out all the time to bars and clubs, I should want to never ever stay home and be traveling the world.

Well, I've been thinking a lot about that stuff and the truth is, I'm not like everyone else and I don't want to feel pressure by society (so dramatic) or my friends/peers to be doing that "typical 20 year old stuff". I'm 85 years old at heart and I'm fine.



I don't like dating apps, and as much as I want someone in my life, I know I'm not going to find it on Tinder or Bumble.. that doesn't mean no one can (people have!) but I know I probably won't.

I work a full time job and deal with an almost 2 hour commute daily (2 hours there, 2 back) and you know, if I feel too exhausted on a Friday night to go out, that's ok.

If I'd rather get wasted at brunch on a Saturday afternoon than a bar on a Saturday night, that's ok too.

If I want to stay inside in my air conditioning and blog on a Sunday afternoon instead of sitting outside on a hot beach.. what's so wrong with that?

I would love to travel and visit new places but you know, sometimes I'd rather have an eyeshadow palette. I shouldn't have to feel bad about that.

Yes, I get anxiety and yes sometimes I probably have to force myself to go out because I mean, I do like to be social but on my own terms.

I'm not insecure by any means, but this is a topic that annoys me and that I'm self conscious about. If I want to stay home, I want to stay home and I shouldn't have to feel sorry for it.

Well, I think this week I finally owned all of this and I decided that I'm not going to be self conscious about doing what I want to do, how I want to do it. It's my life and I will live how I please... as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

#RantOver

Does this make sense to all of you? Does anyone else feel pressured to do things they don't want to do? Tell me in the comments!