Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Maincure Monday: More Matte

I cannot get enough matte nail polish so it's only right that I do another Manicure Monday with another new polish.

When I heard Essie was coming out with a matte collection, Cashmere Mattes, I obsessively stalked my drugstores and the Essie website, along with Amazon for good measure, and couldn't find them anywhere. 

Finally, the other day when I went to CVS, I looked at the display and there were three shades, Coat Couture, Comfy in Cashmere, and Wrap Me Up.

I was debating between all three of them and considered buying more than one but realized that the most unique shade and something unlike anything else I have in my collection was Coat Couture.


I came home and immediately painted my nails and was pleasantly surprised.

The formula is incredible...very smooth and not streaky. One coat was probably enough but I always apply two for good measure. The color truly is like nothing I have...it's a mix of grey, taupe, and purple. 



It's the most beautiful winter color and the matte finish is so smooth. It definitely leaves a smoother finish than the Sally Hansen matte polish. It doesn't feel as rough or scratchy.

The one negative thing about a matte polish is that if you don't have a matte top coat (which I do not) the color will chip almost instantly. It lasted on my nails without a chip for less than a day. As I write this (on Sunday), I've already reapplied it once and it chipped again. 

I really do need a matte top coat because bare naked nails are dangerous. 

Despite that, I will of course be adding to my nail polish collection and buying more Essie Matte Cashmere polishes soon...probably the nude/white color, Wrap Me Up.

What's on your nails this Monday? Have you tried any matte nail polishes?