Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Sick Days

Excuse me if this sounds incredibly odd but I enjoy being sick. Wait, I'm not some kind of masocist who likes pain but I just enjoy having an excuse to sit around and do nothing.

I'm the queen of relaxing and I'd be lying if I said Sunday afternoon was the first time I left my house since Friday...mostly because I was sick all weekend but that's not an unusual occurrence. I am so not the typical 22 year old.

Last week was a bad week physically for me. My throat felt like it was on fire and I could barely eat because it felt like there was a lump in my throat. When I diagnosed myself from WebMD, I thought I was dying but in reality, I knew I had strep throat.

I was more than happy to relax and get myself better over the weekend, mostly because strep throat is the most annoying sickness to have.

So, I laid on the couch, read magazines and watched TV all weekend and it was glorious. I feel so much better and ready to take on the week ahead!

When I'm sick, all I want to do is lounge in leggings and sweatshirts. I have two pairs of leggings, both from Aerie and they're tight but so comfortable. Also, I'll wear whatever comfortable sweatshirt I could find, usually a sorority sweatshirt but sometimes I'll throw on one that's a tad more acceptable.

Give me a pair of fuzzy sucks, my UGG slippers and I'm good to go. Sick days require no makeup—at all but my lips are super chapped so I love my Maybelline Babylips to keep them hydrated. Sit me on the couch, with a comfortable, fuzzy blanket and give my Netflix and I'm set. 

Sick Days

Sick Days by royallypink featuring black leggings

Aside from being comfortable, I need some entertainment and to try to feel better. I never eat soup but when I'm sick, I crave it. I always keep my Lilly Pulitzer tumbler filled to the brim with ice water to keep my body hydrated and occasionally I'll sip on tea to soothe my throat. 

I also always have magazines and my iPad on hand—to read books and watch youtube videos. Usually when I'm sick I'll binge watch a Netflix series but sometimes I just want to be entertained with something I've already seen so I go back to episodes of my new favorite show, Californication.




SickDays2

SickDays2 by royallypink on Polyvore

Shop my sick day picks below! 

What do you do on your sicks days?