Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Book Review: Love and Chaos

It was back in September that I wrote a review on the first Brooklyn Girls novel. It was the perfect transition book for my post-grad life. It seems only appropriate that as I approach my one-year anniversary of graduating college, I write a review of the second novel, Love & Chaos.

I bought this on my Nook e-reader a while ago but never got around to reading it. I go through phases when I'm all about reading and then won't pick up a book for months. I flew through this book in a matter of a week and a half because it was that good. I just wanted to know what was going to happen.

This book was a continuation of the first book but it picked up a few months later and it was in the voice of a different character. Angie, the crazy, outspoken, drug infused roommate of Rookhaven was the narrator and it told her story.



At first, I was disappointed because I felt like I couldn't relate to Angie because of her outgoing, scatterbrained ways but getting inside her head and seeing the world of Brooklyn through her eyes was more like me than I realized.

I won't go too much into the plot because I'll let you figure it out for yourself but there were many surprises and twists & turns along the way. This was definitely more exciting, more of a "page turner" than the first book. It was almost suspenseful in a way and I loved that.

If you don't want to read Brooklyn Girls, you can definitely read this as a stand alone book. You won't be lost at all, you can surely enjoy it to the maximum.

This book series has quickly become one of my favorites for many reasons: the way the characters jump off the page, how they each have their own unique personalities & stories, how they are all so relatable in their own way. It soothes me and my anxiety to read about fictional people dealing with the same problems I do... because it proves that these are totally normal "20s growing pains" as I like to call them.

This was just such an incredible book for so many reasons. If you're graduating college soon or are in the middle of your own post-grad crisis, read the Brooklyn Girls series. You will not regret it!