Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Disappointing Beauty Products | Vol 1

I've tried a lot of beauty products. Like A LOT. It's actually pretty alarming how many products I've tried, probably more than the average person.

I rarely don't like a beauty product. There is rarely an item that doesn't work for me, or an item I can't get too work.

That's why, when items don't work, or I have an adverse reaction to them, it's a big deal. I feel shocked, and sad that I wasted this money on something that didn't wind up working.

I'm also very weary about returning beauty products. I know every store & website has their own return policy but I just feel like returning beauty products is weird.

"Oh here's a lipstick I hated, please take it back." I know that Sephora takes back used items because they use them as testers, which is good to know (or so I've heard) but yeah, I never return items so they just collect dust in my drawers.

Like I said, not too many items have failed me but here's what has:



//Tarte Maracuja Oil: This is probably the biggest blunder of them all. I have two mini sizes of this from Tarte value sets and when I first tried this back in December, I thought my skin was just reacting badly to it because of all the issues I was having. I waited a few more months, till my skin was clear, but after two or three nights of using this, my skin dried up like a prune. I tried a few more times and it just was no use. I thought this holy grail oil would work for me, but it just goes to show that if something works for a lot of people, it still may not work for you. Beauty is unique to everyone.

//First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Eye Cream: I raved about this stuff back in the winter, because it really did clear up my eye issues within a few days. Then, as skincare does sometimes, it started revolting against me. Within a month, the cream stopped working and caused my eyes to dry up. I find it odd since all other First Aid Beauty products have done wonders for me. I feel such a betrayal when a product works, and then doesn't. SMH (This product has been discontinued it looks like, since I can't find a link anywhere and I got it on sale back in December)

//NYX Butter Lip Gloss in Red Velvet: The Butter Glosses from NYX have caused a love of lip gloss to reappear in my life. These glosses aren't sticky, and add just the right amount of color and shine to your lips. I have Tiramseu & Creme Brulee. They smell like vanilla cake and are so amazing. I figured for the fall, last year, I'd buy a darker color. I went with "Red Velvet", a dark red shade, and was deeply disappointed. It was a little patchy, a little stickier than my other glosses, and looked horrific over red lipstick. It's too patchy to wear on it's own, and I was highly upset over this. I haven't thrown it away yet, it's still sitting in my collection so maybe I'll try applying it over a red lip liner, for a simple red lip.

//NYX Green Concealer: The NYX HD Concealer is a definite top 5 favorites for me, so I figured I'd try out there colored, color correcting ones. I have heavy under eye bags, and I noticed a lot of redness appearing. I know that green concealer cancels out red, so why not try the NYX HD Green Concealer. I'm pretty sure I threw this out already, because it was that bad. It was so patchy, didn't blend at all, and the green tint never went away. It was a disaster.

//Micro Beauty Blenders: The beautyblender changed the game for me last August when I bought my first one. It's when I started using foundation on a daily basis and my make-up routine just got so much better afterwards. I've since bought another one in conjunction with my original one (time to probably throw the first one out, a year's use seems good enough). When the mini beauty blenders were released, I knew I needed them. Some days when I don't wear foundation, or just wear powder foundation, I still apply a liquid or cream concealer. Therefore I still need to use a beauty blender. I justified it as not wanting to wet an entire beauty blender when just applying concealer so I figured these mini ones would get the job done. They were good for a while, until they started to get on my nerves. They are just too small to hold in my hands and it's much easier to just use a regular one. I still have them in my collection, trying to figure out how to use them but who knows.

What beauty products have you tried and they were #epicfails? Let me know in the comments!