Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Beauty in Review: Lip Oils

I love a good beauty trend: highlighting, contouring, and everything in between. I love a good skincare treatment, or anything that will help make my skin better.

That's why, when I saw that lip oils were about to become a hot trend late last year, I got really excited. I was skeptical at first because the thought of slathering an oil on my lips wasn't enticing. After doing a little more research, lip oils are a mixture of a balm, a gloss, and an actual oil. They have great hydrating properties, keep your lips smooth and soft, but don't feel thick and slimy on your lips like some lip balms.

I have found that lip oils give a great tint to the lips and are a good alternative to lip gloss, or a tinted lip balm. The staying power is better than you would expect from an oil and they don't feel sticky on your lips. I actually prefer these over lip balms because they feel like they're actually doing something.

If you were hesitant to try lip oils, I promise you, you won't regret it. A lot of brands have been coming out with lip oils recently and I've tried to get my hands on as many as possible, because like I said, I have a slight addiction. I keep one in every makeup bag/purse and usually rely on these when I'm out and about instead of a lip balm.

Lancome Juicy ShakerLaura Geller Soft & Sultry Lip Treatment


I don't necessarily think I like any of these over another one -- they're all easy to apply and similar in consistency. I will say that the Hourglass is slightly thicker than the rest, and the thinnest formula is definitely the Sephora brand.

The Sephora brand was the first one I tried and it really set the bar for all the other lip oils. My favorite one, if I had to choose, is probably the YSL because it's the perfect combination of hydration, shininess, and consistency on the lips.

Have you ever tried a lip oil? What are your thoughts?