Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Manicure Monday: Essie Ballet Nudes Gel Couture

Some time last year, Essie released their first gel nail polish. I'm pretty sure I did a post on it but cannot find it anywhere! Just know that I was a big fan; I only had 2 colors in this Gel Couture line but mostly because I didn't feel drawn to any of the other colors in the line.

It took them a while to expand the line but within the last month or so, they did and I was so excited.

The new collection is called "Ballet Nudes" and plays on the soft colors of the art of ballet. I was a ballet dancer when I was younger (yes, I had pointe shoes and everything) so anything ballet related I am a sucker for.



I've been in a true nude mood lately when it comes to nail polish so I went with "At the Barre", a soft nude color and decided to pick up another top coat, both from Ulta.

I hadn't used the gel couture polish in a while because I've been on a new nail polish spree (and also have been wearing bare nails a lot (with the help of the Formula X Sheer Strength polish, but I was reminded at how wonderful it is.

I prepped my nails with my Julep Oxygen Base Coat, went in with the nude polish and topped it off with the Gel Couture top coat. I don't remember the last time I had such a pleasant manicure or the last time a polish went on so smoothly.



The formula is thin but not too runny and is very smooth & opaque. Finish off with the OPI Quick Dry Drops and you have the perfect at home manicure.

Because I'm so obsessed after one use, I decided to head back to Ulta.com & pick up the "Perfect Posture" shade, a light periwinkle blue that is so stunning and perfect for spring.

If you have yet to try Essie Gel Couture, I promise you won't be disappointed. I'm very loyal to Essie but they have their hits and misses; this line is definitely a hit.

PS: Essie also just released some new treatment nail polishes and I picked a few up. I'm obsessed with treatment polishes lately so keep an eye out for those reviews; below are a few other Essie products I've been dying to try!