Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

5 Year Anniversary of Royally Pink

Right now, I should be on my way to Pennsylvania for a work trip to QVC but as Mother Nature would have it, I'm too sick to go. I've felt bad since Saturday but I thought it'd go away and I'd feel better. I felt better yesterday but today, when I got to work, I knew there was no way I'd be able to handle it.

I feel like it's just a cold but I have to go to the doctor to check it out.

That's not why I'm here... I'm here because for the 4th year in a row, I've forgotten the blog's anniversary.

It's not that the date is not important to me, because it is; it's not that I'm not good with dates, because I am. I don't have a reason... it just sneaks up on me every year.

5 years ago today I decided to start this little thing called Royally Pink.

I was home for the summer from my sophomore year of college and missing my sorority sisters and Iona desperately. I was working at a frozen yogurt shop, living at my aunt's house, and was kind of bored. I knew I had to start thinking of my future, of internships and jobs. It was the last summer that I truly had to myself knowing I still had some time.

Somehow, I stumbled onto Carly's blog, "The College Prepster" and was entralled with it. What was a blog? She posted every day? She got free stuff and took these gorgeous photographs? What was this world I had just stepped into?

I became addicted and read almost every post on her blog. She had just graduated college and was moving to New York to work at Levo League (a website I loved almost as much as I loved her blog).

I was a writer by nature and after obsessively reading TCP, I figured I'd be able to do this too. I had a lot to say on a lot of different topics and I knew people around me didn't care to hear, so why not tell people on the Internet?



Here is my first post, 5 years ago *yesterday* Even back then, I was blogging about beauty and was a shopping addict.

I've learned a lot since that post went live:
  • Numbers and statistics aren't everything
  • Be authentic; write as if you were speaking to your readers
  • If you need to speak a day or two to gather yourself, take that time. You're not being graded.
  • Have a good, clean layout that you enjoy looking at; if you want to change it, change it.
  • Write about things that are important to you, even if you think no one wants to read it.
I've written 1,114 posts on this blog over the past 5 years. I used to write 7 days a week, then brought it down to 5, but senior year of college I fell off the wagon a bit. I used to get really hard on myself about missing a day of blogs but I realized it's quality, not quanity, when it comes to posts. I'd rather produce one great post a week than stress and rush about throwing together posts that aren't great. 

The blogging arena has changed quite a bit too. There are more fulltime bloggers now more than ever and when I started this 5 years ago, I didn't think blogging was a job. I would love to blog full time and I think that would be my goal, but not right now.

I love having this outlet, I love sharing everything with all of you, and it's because of everyone who has ever clicked on my blog that I can blog for 5 years. I didn't think I could make it to a milestone like this but I'm really proud. 

Happy birthday, Royally Pink! 

xoxo
B