Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Royal Round Up: Week 37

TGIF and I've never been happier. My anxiety and depression were high this week and I'm ready to just not think about anything of substance all weekend. I know WHY I was feeling this way, for once, and it's mostly because I don't feel fulfilled. I need to write more and I want to write more because when I think about what I love the most in this world it's books and writing. I need to satisfy that part of my soul more than I am.

I also have been feeling like I'm not good enough. I'm not good enough at my job, I'm not a good writer, I'm not really good enough to be who I want to be. That is a very strange feeling for me because I've always had a lot of self-confidence. Maybe it's constant rejection, or the constant comparing I do on a daily basis to all the fancy editors and influencers I aspire to me. The 'not good enough' epidemic has finally come for me and I'm not sure how to combat it.

I'm trying to push that feeling deep down to a place where I can't feel it but I don't know how well I'm doing. Maybe it was just a bad week, maybe tomorrow will be better.

To help get through the hard days I immersed myself in goal setting, made 100 google docs for my life, from the blog to budgets, and watched Youtube videos on planning. The videos oddly calmed me and I recommend everyone watch Milk and Honey Life's videos.

In other news... I did my civic duty yesterday and voted in the New York Primaries. I had forgotten about election day until I was flooded with it on social media and I was already at work, far away from my voting location. As I mentioned, I was not having a good day and it would've been really easy for me to just go into my house and crash on the couch. However, I shook it off, got in my car and drove to vote. The entire process, door to door, took maybe 10 minutes. And guess what? I felt SO much better afterward knowing that I did my part.



Enough with the rambles, let's get into the good stuff.

Links

What You Missed On Royally Pink

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I had made some edits to the blog, some of which you probably didn't notice but I felt like sharing! 

I added a 'Mental Health' tab to the 'Pages' section so if you want to quickly search all my posts on anxiety and mental health, you can just click that.

In the backend, I went in and deleted some old, outdated posts. I also made edits to tags to help make searching a bit easier and reformatted some older posts. It was so weird and interesting to go back and look at old posts from when I first started and see how far I've come in terms of writing, formatting, editing, and photos. 

There will be more edits coming so stay tuned! 

What I Bought This Week:

I'm on a strict no impulse buy after I started reading Refinery29 'Money Diaries' and making a new, insanely detailed budget, but I had to get some things from the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty sale!