Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

How I Prep & Decorate My Home for Christmas

I loved writing this post for the Fall so I wanted to recreate it for Christmas and winter. I love Fall and all the Fall holidays but nothing beats Christmas in my mind. The entire season is filled with magic and pure joy -- I am at my happiest during the Christmas season and I make sure that joy is spread throughout my home.

I always like to reiterate that I live with my mom and sister so my mom does dictate a lot of the decorating in terms of where things go and how the tree gets decorated, but it is a joint effort because she knows how much I love Christmas and love decorating (she also just has a better eye than I do!)

My mom does put me in charge of the extra pieces of decor to really bring the house together, and I always make sure my room is in the Christmas spirit.


royallypink-christmas decor

This is how I prep my bedroom and the house for Christmas (and winter too).


*I start decorating for Christmas on Black Friday to give me ample time to enjoy the season.

Candles

royallypink-christmas decor

Candles are a big part of Christmas and winter for me, just as they were for fall. Right before Thanksgiving, I stock up on Christmas scents so I'm ready as soon as Thanksgiving is over. A candle sets the mood and can really brighten up a room, bringing the season to love. I love Evil Queen candles and she has some great Christmas scents but I also burn a lot of Bath and Body Works! My favorites scents for Christmas are Twisted Peppermint, Marshmallow Fireside, Winter Candy Apple, and Vanilla Bean Noel (I'm writing this after BBW $8 candle day so everything is sold out online!)

*If candles aren't your thing, you can definitely diffuse some Christmas scented oils in an oil diffuser!

Lights

Nothing brightens up a room like a string of Christmas lights. If you are in a tiny space and don't have a lot of room for decor, a string or two of white (or multi-color) lights will change the entire look of a room. I always string up a pair of lights somewhere in my room, this year it's above my bed and it looks so cool and cozy.

Christmas Prints

royallypink-christmas decor-etsy-christmas prints


I discovered the world of Etsy digital prints when I started my gallery wall a few years ago. I only have four picture frames on the wall but I like to call it a gallery wall! Every season I change the photos on my wall to add extra flair and decor. Etsy is filled with tons of prints that you can buy for a few dollars and download and print yourself. It's so much easier and cheaper to do it this way and there is instant gratification which is always a plus in my book. 

Small Decor Pieces

royallypink-christmas decor

royallypink-christmas decor

Your decor pieces don't have to be large to make a statement. A stuffed animal here, a picture there, and hanging stockings make all the difference. I love going to the Target dollar section for this because the small wooden signs and little decor pieces are adorable, decent quality and so cheap! Another thing I love to do is take a Christmas bowl and put some candy canes in it -- it's colorful, simple, and a built-in treat! 

What are your favorite ways to decorate for Christmas/Winter?
xoxo
B