Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Fashion Files: What to Wear to an Engagement Party

I have my first engagement party on Saturday for one of my oldest and dearest friends. I'm so excited to celebrate her and her fiancé! It's at a local rooftop restaurant, one that I surprisingly never have been to. 


Because I've never been to an engagement party, I wasn't sure what to wear. I also wasn't too keen on buying a new dress because I have a bunch of dresses in my closet from other parties. 
After trying on only two different dresses, both black, I decided to wear a J.Crew dress that still had the tags on it. I bought it over a year ago because it was on sale and I figured I would be able to wear it sometime. I mean, it's a simple black dress with scallop accents. 



This is in blue but my dress is black! 

*Before I even knew what dress I was going to wear, I had my shoes picked out and they are the SJP Collection Newsprint shoes -- more on those in another post!I think the key to an engagement party is to dress for the couple and the venue. I know this will be a slightly fancier event because we're a group that likes to look our best, but it won't be over the top because it's on a rooftop. 


Just remember to not outshine the bride to be and remember that it's not a wedding. My motto for any kind of party is "when in doubt, wear black". 

Even though I knew I wasn't buying a new dress, that didn't stop me from looking. These are my favorite dresses that would be perfect for an engagement party.