Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Manicure Monday: Essie Universe in Reverse

It seems that Essie is back for more astrology polishes and I couldn't be more excited about it! I did a review on their first Mercury in Retrograde collection last year and the polishes were good, but had to be built up to full intensity.

When I saw them post about the second edition, I was skeptical but the moment I saw this hot pink, glittery number I knew that I didn't care about if I had to apply 100 coats, I needed it.

This "Universe in Reverse" collection is available at Ulta and has two shades: Happy Medium which is the hot pink shade and Get a Psy-Kick Out of It which is a bright, vivid magenta but to me looks more purple. I felt that it looked too close to the first collection so I opted out of getting that one.

From the first moment I opened the bottle I knew that this formula was vastly different from the first. The brush was big and flat, just like all the other new Essie polishes but also the formula was a little thicker and I could tell it was going to be more opaque which is 100% is.



This polish acts like a normal polish, just with a lot more glitter which is really beautiful. It's not sheer, goopy, or weird, it's the ideal polish formula; I was good with two coats.

Happy Medium is a true hot pink with silver, blue, and lavendar flecks of glitter within it. It reflects really beautifully in the sun and is such a fabulous summer color. Even though there is glitter within the polish, I don't think it's going to be difficult to get off like other glitter polishes. I think it just has that look because it doesn't feel gritty to the touch.

It isn't a messy formula, didn't smear easily or chip within 24 hours... and it's just so pretty to look at!

I know I say it a lot but I think this is going to be worn heavily throughout the rest of the summer and honestly probably all year round; to me, the glitter makes it more wearable than just a regular hot pink polish.

If this collection has you intrigued, I highly recommend picking it up before it sells out. I'm very tempted to order the other shade to complete the foursome!

Will you be picking up this polish?
xoxo
B