Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Manicure Monday: Rocky Rose from the Essie Rocky Rose Collection

I previously did a review of one of the polishes from this collection, a light pink called 'Into the A-Bliss' but now that we're diving headfirst into the fall season, I finally broke out my second polish from the collection.

"Rocky Rose" is the shade I used this week and it is described as a terracotta nude with red and yellow undertones. Essie is usually spot on with their descriptions and this is no exception. Rocky Rose is a shade that truly screams chilly sweater vibes and feels like a 'rocky rose', a rose that has a bit of something else.

essie rocky rose-manicure monday-essie polish


I was holding off on using it until the weather got a little chillier and last week was the perfect time to rock it. It applied like every other great Essie polish and I have to say again how much I love the new flat, thicker brushes. It makes all the difference when applying polish.

On the nails, it has the most gorgeous reddish-brown undertones more than yellow but maybe the yellow contributes to the brown color. It is super shiny and has a true beautiful cream finish. It's a shade that made me so incredibly happy and put me in the best spirit. Nail polish truly has that effect on me and that's why I do these Manicure Monday posts -- sometimes I get a polish that just makes my heart happy and I want to share it with everyone.

There was nothing unique about the application aside from the fact that it went on smoothly. This polish also didn't chip too fast but I started to pick it off after 3 days because I do that when I'm nervous and starting a new job last week made me nervous.

If you are looking for a great darker polish for Fall but don't want anything super vampy, I think you'll really like Rocky Rose. I also got a pedicure two weeks ago and used this color. It is a great pedicure shade to wear right now especially since you might still be wearing sandals but don't want to rock a neon color.

I know this is going to be in heavy rotation this season but I did just order two polishes from the Essie Fall 2019 Collection so stay tuned for those posts in the upcoming week.

What is on your nails this week?
xoxo
B