Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Alex Drawers Ikea Review

When I started working at a beauty company, I knew I was going to acccumlate a ridiculous amount of make-up. My beauty obsession already warranted a ton of make-up that I didn't need. My mom was getting tired of me getting packages delivered to the house filled with make-up I didn't need.

The storage situation was getting out of hand. I had no place to put everything in my shared bedroom with my 19-year-old sister. It was starting to stress me out.

I knew when I got my first paycheck from my new job, I was going to splurge on the Alex Drawers from Ikea. These are the famous drawers that every Youtube beauty guru has to hold their *ridiculous* make-up collections.

My mom was trying to sway me from getting these drawers because they were expensive and I'd have to put them together but I was adamant about getting these particular drawers. I knew what they looked liked, I knew that they were perfect for make-up, and I like to stick to what I know.

The drawers cost $80 but with shipping it came out to around $111. I knew that when I received them I'd have to put them together but my goodness, it was a task.

It took me two days and two big mistakes to put these bad boys together. I used little to no help from my mom and I was so proud of myself for completing it! I lost my cool a few times but I mean, who wouldn't? I'm a very impatient, easily frustrated person, and I am not handy, whatsoever. These types of things never work out well for me, I'm lucky if I can tie a knot in a bathing suit top... seriously, I'm incapable of a lot of things so being able to put a drawer unit together was incredibly satisfying.

It did however, take a few mistakes to get it right. I couldn't get the drawers into the right slots and I actually had to force the top drawer in, and now it doesn't open all the way but too bad. I also slide in one of the drawers the wrong way so the white side isn't facing up. The rest of the drawers worked out well though.

I didn't really think about how I would organize all my make-up and was going to leave the task for another day but after I put the drawers together, I kind of just wanted to be done with it.


These are the inside of my drawers, an organized mess. I was originally storing my make-up in old Birchboxes (still am storing some stuff in them) until I got some acrylic organizers from TJ Maxx.

1st drawer: Nail Polish


















2nd drawer: Makeup



3rd drawer: Skincare & foil packets




















4th drawer: Eyeshadow & lipsticks



















5th drawer: Birchboxes & make-up bags



















Side note: I know I have A LOT of make-up, not more than my favorite Youtube bloggers but too much for a normal person.

I really do think these are great drawers. They are small enough to fit in tight spaces but big enough in width & depth to fit everything you need. They are pretty perfect for make-up or even clothes. I would LOVE to get more of these or more in the Alex series from Ikea  once I move out and get my own apartment like a real adult. I will though, hire someone to put everything together for me LOL.

Have you used these drawers? What do you use for your make-up collection?