Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Book Review Wednesday: Me Before You

I haven't read a typical fiction book in quite some time. I've been obsessed with career books, self help books, and memoirs. I don't remember the last time I read (not listened) to an actual book.

Well my goodness, I'm so glad I rediscovered fiction because I completely fell in love with this novel.

"Me Before You" has been on my to-read list for quite some time and after seeing the trailer for the movie coming out this summer, I immediately purchased and downloaded it to my Nook.

I read it within a few days, and one Saturday afternoon I read over 300 pages.

That is how good it was and how in need I was of a good story.

I will admit, I think the story was a tad bit slow but it kept me wanting more.


A little summary on the novel... it takes place in London and it centers around Louisa Clark who becomes a caregiver for Will, a paralyzed man who has given up the will to live (no pun intended). They form an unlikely bond and the story unravels from there.

There aren't a lot of twists and turns like you would expect from an incredible fiction novel. It's more simple with incredible characters and a story that entices you in unexplainable ways. Will and Louisa are so deeply different but so deeply the same, it's borderline heart breaking.

The book is also insanely funny. I found myself chuckling throughout the entire thing. I also cried throughout a lot of it too.

The ending was not what I expected and I kept waiting for it to change and it didn't.

"Me Before You" is such an easy, good read. It was a great, heart wrenching story that was fun, funny, and down right beautiful. If you loved the trailer, you will fall desperately in love with the book!

Also, Me Before You has a sequel called "After You" which I really want to read as well.

Have you read "Me Before You"? What is your favorite book of the moment?