Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

24 Years Young

It's officially my 24th birthday and it's very odd. I wasn't excited about it all month, and I haven't been excited about a birthday since my 21st. I guess that's what happens when you get older, birthdays are just less exciting because the milestones are pretty much over.

I'm depressing, aren't I? Such a happy birthday girl I am!

But, as the week went on, I got a little more excited; I got a special, delicious cake & my mom is making my favorite meal: Macaroni Pie.

I guess the reason I'm not that excited for my birthday this year is because I thought 23 was going to be a great year; I had some good feelings at this point last year and honestly, 23 was the worst year of my life.

Because of that, I guess part of me is happy that it's going away, and I much prefer even number ages anyway ;)

24 seems like a big deal -- is that considered mid twenties? I feel like it is, and that's a scary thought. I haven't been shy about my post-college struggles, but I think I finally got the hang of this thing. Yes, I'm still at home, and yes I'm single but my career is pretty good. I know what I like doing, and I love my job. Freelance writing is taking off, and I'm pretty happy with how the blog is going.

My mood ALWAYS

I learned a lot this year too... in the words of Kylie Jenner, it was the "year of realizing stuff":


  • Say I love you when you mean it: Tell people you love them, because you never know when the last time will be the last time.
  • Say what you want: This was the year that I started speaking up a lot more. I am very shy, believe it or not, and I kind of said fuck it, and went with it. I defended my political opinions, and how I feel about certain things from family issues to clothing choices, etc. 
  • Don't apologize: This goes hand in hand with the previous. I'm the type of person who likes to do what she wants, but I also apologized a lot for the person I am. I don't like to go to bars, and I don't like people telling me what to do with my life. I don't want to feel bad for staying home and organizing makeup instead of being at a crowded bar. If I didn't want to go out, I made excuses, but this year I stopped the bullshit. I'll do what I want, when I want, because it's my life. #SorryNotSorry
  • Go after what you want: If you have nothing to lose, go after what you want. I mean, it's your life and things aren't handed to you. Whether in work or love, just do what you want! It is what it is and you have every right.
  • Who I want in my life: I was very into energy this year, and getting rid of negative energy. I can be a very pessimistic person, but my bad moods weren't as bad as they have been in past years. I think it was because when I was surrounded by negative energy, I removed myself from it. If someone was annoying me, I just got away from the situation. I don't take as much crap as I used too, and I'm proud of myself for it. I also rekindled friendships this year that mean the world to me, and I'm very grateful for that.

24, please treat me better than 23. It's been a rough year, and honestly, I need some clarity. Just be as good as 20 & 21 were, 24, I am begging you.

Happy Birthday to Me! :)