Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Weight Watchers Wednesday: My Trader Joe's Favorites

For the past month or so I've been going to Trader Joe's at least once a week to pick up some Weight Watchers approved foods. After feeling very discouraged because I wasn't losing weight I did some research and discovered the world of Weight Watchers Instagrams. I don't know why I didn't think of that before because well, there's Instagram accounts for everything and everyone under the sun. 

When I started looking at the accounts I saw that a lot of them were using foods from Trader Joe's. I did some research and saw that Trader Joe's had a lot of low point foods and I immediately made a list to go there.

Trader Joe's is about 20 minutes away from my house and the parking lot is a disaster so I was a little hesitant to make the trip. TJ's is also very small and just overly crowded and it makes me a little nervous. Despite all of this, I made the trip and now I have it down pat.

I don't buy any meat or produce from TJ's as I don't think it's worth it and those are the most crowded areas -- I don't need that kind of stress. I mostly buy frozen foods and some snacks. Over the past month and a half, I've tried a lot of different stuff from Trader Joe's but these are my favorites... 


  • Mini Chicken Tacos: I think these are my favorite and I buy at least 2 boxes and they last for weeks. 4 of these are 5 points and they really hit the spot. A few minutes in the oven at 450 and they're perfectly crispy. They're my lunch on the weekends and whenever I don't know what to eat for dinner, I'll have them as well. Low points, full of flavor, you cannot go wrong.
  • Cauliflower Gnocchi: These popped up on the scene just as I was getting into Trader Joe's and one of the reasons I decided to go to TJ's anyway. I am addicted to them. Gnocchi is usually made with potato but these obviously are not, however they taste just the same. I don't like the boil them so I make them on a skillet and sometimes just eat them plain. I've gotten into the habit of making them with low-calorie Alfredo sauce and it's divine. 1 cup is 4 points so you really cannot go wrong with these to satisfy your pasta craving.
  • Cauliflower Pizza Crust: I love anything cauliflower and it's really the only vegetable I eat so I get it in as many ways as I can. I don't use this pizza crust for pizza -- I only have made cheesy bread with low-fat cheese and it's delicious. The crust is a perfect consistency and the cheese melts just right on top of it; it's my favorite side-dish.
  • Mini Chicken Wontons: 4 of these are 1 point so really, I HAD to like them. But actually, they're so tasty. Once again I make them on top of the stove with the tiniest bit of oil (or Pam Cooking Spray) and burn them until they're crisp. I usually eat them alone for lunch but you can definitely make an entire meal of them. I have a feeling that once fall and winter come around, I'll attempt making wonton soup -- or at least chicken soup and throw these in there.
  • Guilt Free Mac & Cheese: If you want to get me rambling, ask me about this mac & Cheese. I have never eaten anything so delicious in my entire life. I want to bathe in this mac and cheese and never have anything else enter my body for as long as I live. The entire container is 8 points which are the same as a Smart Ones or Lean Cusine (which I usually take for lunch at work) but this tastes 100x better and keeps me full. It is so creamy and has the cheesiest taste ever -- it's damn near perfection. If you buy anything from this post, please let it be this mac & Cheese. 
There are probably a few other things I like and consistently buy on my Trader Joe's runs, these 5 are my absolute favorite.

What do you love from Trader Joe's? What do you recommend?
xoxo
B