Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Fashion Files: Summer Must Haves | June 2017

If you read the blog regularly, you'll know that I'm not a summer gal. I much prefer fall and winter to the heated months of June-August. Throw April-September in there as well because I'm not a huge fan of those either.

However, I'm not dreading this summer as much as I have in the past. Maybe it's because it's not yet hit 90 degrees or because I have some fun plans, or maybe it's because I actually like the clothes and accessories I've been collecting in honor of the summer.



There are a lot of trends out there right now that I am totally on board with. I've already given into a few so here they are!

1. SPF: This is weird and random but I never wear sunscreen. I know it's very irresponsible of me but I just never really applied it, because I like to be tan and I never burned. That changed in recent years and I now really know the importance of slathering on the SPF. But knowing me, I can't just buy Coppertone, I need fancy, Sephora brand SPF. Last year I had a sample of the Tarteguard & Dr. Jart SPF and I loved it; this year before I went to Florida I invested in the Julep No Excuses Face Sunscreen and love it. I apply it every morning before my makeup, acting as a moisturizer/primer on my ultra-lazy days!




2. Slides: If you haven't seen a pair of slides this year, you're living under a rock. Slides are everywhere from Givenchy and Gucci to Steve Madden and Target. At first, I wasn't impressed or taken with the trend but then I saw some really fancy pairs on Nordstrom's website and instantly became obsessed. I ordered a pair of Topshop slides (similar here) which are so comfortable and easy to throw on (even easier than flip flops) and I recently got this pair of Steve Madden which I've lusted after for months. Below are a few more favorites!



3. Athleisure: This is not just a summer trend but a trend that has seen a huge spike recently. I'm not complaining; I'm obsessed! Leggings, T-shirts, sneakers... it's the uniform that every girl loves and is welcoming with open arms. I think the perfect outfit this summer is going to be a slouchy t-shirt, leggings, and your best pair of slides!

4. Graphic Tees: The 13-year-old in me is screaming that this trend is officially cool again. When I was young, Delias' graphic tees were my everything. I had to have every single catchy saying or cute photo on my t-shirt, much to the dismay of my mother. Well now I dress myself and graphic tees are back in style. Everyone has a funny saying shirt from "No Coffee, No Talkie" or "Namaste In Bed" (both of which I own). This is going to be the ultimate summer look.



What are your summer must-haves?
xoxo
B

SaveSave