Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

Why You Need Alone Time

Since I was a little girl I loved being alone. My mom tells me stories of how I would sit in my room for hours, on the floor, playing with my 'people'. She would call out to me "Briana, come sit with Mommy" and as a 2-3 year old girl I'd shout back "I'm playing with my people!"

As I got older, my room was always a safe haven. I could entertain myself for hours reading books, writing stories, watching TV or just relaxing. I don't need a lot to keep myself occupied and I'm perfectly fine entertaining myself.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I was first born so for 3 years, I did have to occupy myself and maybe it has to do with the fact that my sister and I are very different so we never really liked the same things... so I always had to occupy myself.

However, I'm just someone who is content being alone. I can do things on my own time without having to worry aboout other people, and can really do whatever I want when I'm alone.

If I'm shopping alone I can go to whatever store I want; I can go to eat wherever I want, and I can leave the mall whenever I want. If I'm out with my friends, I usually always bring my own car so I know I can leave whenever I want too.

Maybe I just don't like relying on other people (as I'm writing this I'm having a deep psychological revealation) but I think it's just that I don't mind being alone.

When I went to college, it was a really big adjustment because I was NEVER EVER alone. I'd cherish the mornings when I would wake up and all 9 of my roommates were still asleep, or if I was the first one to get back to the room after a long weekend. It was just nice to escape and be by myself. It was a very overwhelming experience to constantly being surrounded by people 24.7.

 Within a year, I got really used to it and by senior year, I never wanted to be alone. I craved people's company and always wanted to be doing something. It was a culture shock when I came back home and I was alone all the time again. I no longer enjoyed being alone and I think that's why I became so depressed.



I've since found a good balance and I think I realize why alone time is important. Below are a few reasons why I think being alone is a good thing... (at times)

  • You learn more about yourself and what makes you happy. 
  • You get away from the hustle and bustle of the world and can really think things through
  • Relax! Being alone means you can rest and relax with anyone bothering you. Recharge those batteries!
  • Hobbies; when you're alone you have time to do the things you like. For me it's writing and reading, for you it may be drawing or crafting!
  • Pampering: I love to pamper myself when I'm chilling alone. Face masks and hair masks galore!
I really do think it's important to be alone sometimes because if you don't want to spend time with yourself, who else will?

xoxo
B