Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

My 'No Buy' Journey | 2018

I've said it many times before but I have a shopping problem. In the past year or so, I've gotten much better and I'm really proud of myself.

When I say I have a shopping problem, I'm not trying to be funny or dramatic. There used to be days where I couldn't go without buying something, even if it was as small as a lip balm. The need to purchase something new was overwhelming and I couldn't kick it.



I wanted to buy something when I was sad, anxious, happy... it didn't matter. I wouldn't emotionally eat, I would emotionally shop. I just loved spending money, loved receiving new things in the mail and I loved having them -- until I got bored and sold them or gave them away.

That isn't so much the case anymore.

I've done more conscious shopping, only buying things I need or really, really want. I don't buy frivolous items anymore or should I say, I don't impulse shop. If I do have an impulse urge, I usually end up canceling or returning the item.

I'm getting better and I owe a lot of this to giving up shopping for Lent.

Back on Valentine's Day/Ash Wednesday, I made the decision to give up shopping for Lent. I had realized that I was tired of shopping. It wasn't fun anymore and the feeling that I needed to shop was waning. I don't really know why I felt like I had to buy new things, why I couldn't just save my money but it was tiring.

I was a little nervous about failing this little self-inflicted project but I powered through and was successful. It was so refreshing to not shop and have money in my bank. It was so nice to just use and go through what I had and rediscover things in various collections of mine.

I knew this was going to be a turning point for me and I was so excited and so proud of myself.



I went without shopping for almost 40 days. About a week before Lent ended on Good Friday, I kind of went to hell with myself. I had gotten a promotion at work and wanted to treat myself to two luxury items that I had been wanting for years: my Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull MM and the YSL card case.

After I purchased those items, I went on to buy some necessities: some new Spring clothes (25-pound weight loss and I need new clothes), new underwear, leggings, and bras. That was really all I bought for the next few weeks.

Since then, I've bought some makeup, books, more clothes, and candles. I've been really keeping it lowkey and yes, I have slip-ups constantly but I've been trying to plan my purchases out a little better now and it seems to be working.

I'm proud of myself for at least trying to make a change. Sometimes my urge for something new and shiny is too much and I give in, but what's life without a little treat every now and again?

xoxo
B