Hi, i'm Briana!
Hey there!
Welcome to Royally Pink. I'm Briana; I've been running Royally Pink for the past 7 years and have loved every minute of it.

I write about everything from beauty to fashion to mental health to career and book reviews.

If you want to know more, just click this button below!
WANNA KNOW MORE?
read more
  • BEAUTY
    Wanna know my makeup routine or my favourite cosmetics? Here you can find it! Check it out now! ♡
    Read more
  • LIFESTYLE
    Here you can everything about my life philosophy ♡
    Read more
  • BOOK REVIEWS
    Do you want to read some book reviews? Here you can find my BOOK REVIEW WEDNESDAY posts! ♡
    Read more

My Low Buy Year | Update #1

It's been about a month and a half since I made a vow to stop impulse shopping in 2020 and I won't lie, it has been really difficult.

The first two weeks of January were a breeze! I felt no desire to shop and loved that I had enough money in my bank account to get me through the days. It was very freeing and I felt amazing. Then, my family was struck with tragedy when my aunt passed away at the age of 53. It was a really hard few weeks; I was sad, anxious, and all over the place. The one thing I wanted to do was shop. When things are hard, that's my crutch.



I resisted because I wanted to buy the Stoney Clover Lane Cozy Collection (which I did) and that was going to wipe out my entire budget for the month. I caved though and gave into my grief; I purchased the Lipstick Pink Lele Sadoughi Velvet Headband for $49, sending my total for the month (with SCL) to $150.

I felt ashamed that I had broken the rules and it was only a few weeks in but I felt justified because I had a reason for shopping. However, that is the behavior I am trying to break -- shopping for an emotional reason. But, in the same breath, retail therapy is a phrase for a reason.

After talking to my friend who loves to shop like I do, and who is very rational and smart, said to just chalk it up and make your budget $150 because truthfully, $100 is nothing.

So, in February I have so far spent $143 and most of that was gone within the first two weeks of the month. I am having a hard time getting through the last few days and already have a list of things I want to buy in March.

I guess my update is that I upped my budget which I can afford because it's still not thousands of dollars. I've resisted a lot of impulse shopping; I've put things in my cart, got to the checkout page and then clicked. To me, that is a win.

The low-buy has been successful so far, I have less stuff and more money. I'm very proud of myself and I know it's only going to get easier as the days go on (I hope!)

xoxo
B